The iPhone’s connection is one of its best features. Several options to transmit what you’re viewing or working on from your iPhone to a Mac is built into Apple devices.
This is handy if you want to play video material directly from iPhone apps like Hulu or display a picture album or app on your PC.
The disadvantage of mirroring your iPhone to your Mac is that you must either use your Mac’s QuickTime program, which requires a cable connection or use a third-party app, such as Reflector, which utilizes AirPlay. This is how you can achieve both.
AirPlay allows you to broadcast video or cast your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch’s screen.
Stream or share entertainment from your Apple devices to an Apple TV, an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or a Mac with AirPlay. Play a video. Send us your pictures. Alternatively, you may mirror what’s on your device’s screen.
Stream video to television from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Join the same Wi-Fi network as your device and connect your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- Find the video you want to watch.
Select AirPlay. You may need to press a different button first in certain programs.
- In the Photos app, for example, tap Share, then AirPlay.
- Choose an AirPlay 2 capable Apple TV or smart TV.
Press AirPlay in the app you’re using to stop streaming, then select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the drop-down menu.
If video streams to an AirPlay device automatically,
If you have an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, your device may automatically stream video to it. If you start a video app and see an AirPlay device in the upper-left corner, it’s already chosen.
Tap and then tap another device to use AirPlay with another device. To stop AirPlay streaming, press it again.
How to use QuickTime to cast your iPhone to a Mac
- Use your Lightning to USB cord to connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- On your Mac, launch QuickTime.
- Select “File” from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- From the drop-down option, choose “New Movie Recording.”.
- Click the down arrow next to the red record button (lower middle).
Choose your iPhone from the available options.
Try detaching and rejoining your iPhone if it isn’t present.
6. Your phone should now be fully mirrored in the exact form of your iPhone screen on your computer.
How to use AirPlay to cast your iPhone to a Mac
Apple’s AirPlay technology allows you to wirelessly transmit entertainment from one device to another. It’s made to broadcast content from an iPhone, iPad, or Mac to an Apple TV or a smart TV that supports AirPlay.
Although you can’t directly AirPlay or screen cast from an iPhone to a Mac, you can get around this by downloading a third-party tool like Reflector and connecting both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
To mirror your iPhone to your Mac, you must first install Reflector on your Mac. Then, on your iPhone, go to the Control Center, select AirPlay, and select the Mac to mirror.
Here’s a whole step-by-step tutorial:
- Open the Reflector program on your Mac after downloading it.
- In this situation, you can AirPlay content directly from an AirPlay-compatible app, such as Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, or the NFL app. You may also use the Control Center to AirPlay your full iPhone screen.
- If you’re AirPlaying from within an app, start playing content, such as a program or movie, and then tap the AirPlay sign in the upper-right corner of the video (it’s a rectangle with a solid triangle at the bottom).
Select the “Screen Mirroring” tile from the Control Center if you’re AirPlaying.
- A pop-up will ask you to pick a device once you’ve selected either the AirPlay icon inside an app or “Screen Mirroring” from the Control Center; touch the name of your Mac.
- Your iPhone will prompt you for an AirPlay Code, which your Mac will show. In the text field on your iPhone, type the code. The material from your iPhone will now appear in the Reflector software on your Mac.
You can follow this video for how to cast an iPhone screen on a MacBook
Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on a computer or television
- Join the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac.
- Activate the Control Center:
- Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen on an iPhone X or later, or an iPad with iPadOS 13 or later.
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen on an iPhone 8 or earlier, or iOS 11 or before.
- Select Screen Mirroring from the menu.
- Choose your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac from the list.
- Enter the passcode on your iOS or iPadOS device if an AirPlay passcode shows on your TV screen or Mac.
Open Control Center, hit Screen Mirroring, then press Stop Mirroring to stop mirroring your iOS or iPadOS device. Alternatively, press the Menu button on the Apple TV Remote.
We have discussed casting an iPhone screen on a MacBook. Follow the aforementioned steps.
TV, and AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or a Mac must be connected to the same wireless network as your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Then Open the control center and tap screen mirroring. You need to Choose an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, Apple TV, or Mac from the available list.