Here is How you update Apple Wallet to iOS 15 and add a driver’s license in an easy step by step. Apple is gradually introducing plans to allow you to add your driver’s license to your Apple Wallet with iOS 15. Let’s look at how to add your driver’s license or state ID to your Apple Wallet.
A driver’s license can be added to Apple Wallet.
The digital driver’s license and state ID program are available only in Arizona.
Still, soon Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, and Utah will also be able to use it.
The Apple Wallet driver’s license feature is only available in Arizona. Learn how to add the ID to Apple Wallet when your state decides to participate in the digital driver’s license program while we wait for this new Apple Wallet feature.
When Is a Driver’s License Addable to Apple Wallet?
Have you been wondering when your driver’s license will be added to Apple Wallet? Not by yourself! The first announcement of driver’s license and state ID support for Apple Wallet was made at the 2021 WWDC and described in an Apple press release.
More states are expected to soon offer this option, including Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Utah, as well as the US territory of Puerto Rico.
The first state to accomplish this is Arizona. Plans for Apple Wallet include a national rollout of the digital driver’s license feature.
According to Apple, “Participating states and the TSA will share more information later about when support for mobile driver’s licenses and state IDs in Wallet will be available in each state, and which TSA airport security checkpoints and select lanes it will be available at first.
” The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is on board to accept mobile driver’s licenses and state IDs in Apple Wallet at participating airports.
Instructions for Adding a Driver’s License to Apple Wallet.
You can add your driver’s license or state ID to Apple Wallet as you would add a new credit or debit card once the digital driver’s license is available in your state. Adding a driver’s license to Apple Wallet is as follows:
1. Open the Wallet application.
2. Click the Add button.
3. Choose a driver’s license or a state ID from the list of available cards.
4. Your phone will then ask you to scan your ID. Put your ID on a smooth, empty surface where it will be well-lit. Your iPhone will take a picture when you center the front of your ID in the camera.
5. Tap Continue if you are satisfied with the scan or Scan Again if you want to give it another shot.
6. Repeat the procedure using the ID’s reverse side.
7. Select Scan Again or Continue.
8. Press Continue once more to continue with identity verification.
9. To confirm your identity, you will now be required to make a few motions in front of the front-facing camera on your iPhone. If you cannot perform the movement, tap Accessibility Options or follow the on-screen instructions.
10. The next step is taking a selfie after completing the necessary motions. Attempt to appear as you do on your ID! Tap Continue once you’re finished.
11. At this point, ensure you’re happy with the photos you’ve already taken, and tap Continue once more.
12. Read the terms and conditions, then accept them.
13. The DMV or MVD in your state will now receive your information.
You can show it to the TSA at specific airport terminals once your ID has been verified and should be visible in your Apple Wallet.
Apple Wallet: How to Use a Driver’s License
You’ll open Apple Wallet to show your state ID or driver’s license. By double-clicking the Side button, Apple will display a brief explanation of the data Wallet will share with the TSA (or other participating agencies and organizations in the future). The choice to use a state ID or a digital driver’s license is then up to you.
The end of that. You can add a QR code, coupon, boarding pass, and more to your Wallet once you’ve added your driver’s license or state ID.
Anytime you need it, it’s simple to access and use your Apple Wallet. Even from your Lock Screen, you can access your Apple Wallet!
And that’s it. Once you’ve added your driver’s license or state ID to your Wallet, you can add QR codes, coupons, boarding passes, and more! Your Apple Wallet can easily pull up and use whenever you need it. You can even open Apple Wallet from your Lock Screen!